'Battle: Los Angeles' is inspired by actual 1942 Santa Monica events
Cheesy cliché with jammed pack action
'Battle: Los Angeles' is a sci-fi, action film inspired by true events, which took place in Santa Monica in 1942. The movie stars Aaron Eckheart is a newly retired Marine sergeant, leading other marines to stop aliens from taking over Earth, or at least Los Angeles.
'Battle: Los Angeles' is based off of the actual 'Battle of Los Angeles', which happened on late Feb. 24, until the early morning hours of Feb. 25, 1942 in Santa Monica. Not many people had ever heard of such a thing. Taking place in our city, until the movie came out.
There is still a lot of confusion as to what actually take place, because the government has covered it up. There are rumors that it was an anti - aircraft artillery barrage from Japan, an extraterrestrial spacecraft, and a lost weather balloon. Much of the details of what actually happened are still unknown and a tad sketchy, even till this day.
I didn't think the storyline was too great, but what was great was how entertaining it was. Los Angeles was already being blown up from the get go, so that didn't take too long. (Other cities around the world are being blown up, too). When I'm at the movies, I like things to hurry up and start off fast, and not take forever. So with that being said, I was very happy with all the action beginning right away. Los Angeles was under attack and I liked it!
The reason I say the storyline wasn't too great is because I didn't see exactly how the movie and the actual events that took place were similar. The only similarity I saw was fighting over in Santa Monica, which is the location of where these events took place years ago. That's it, though.
In my opinion, I think the director or person who came up with the screenplay should've based it directly from what actually happened.
I felt the whole aliens invading and killing civilians with their guns was a little too over the top, but hey, that's Hollywood for you.
All in all, 'Battle: Los Angeles' was a great action movie, with lots of noise, special effects, people dying, aliens, and last but not least, Los Angeles in flames.
I almost felt as if I was watching a video game being brought to life right in front of my eyes.
Although some parts in the film were a bit cheesy and cliche, it was a great disaster flick full of Marines, a huge spaceship and jam-packed action.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent El Paisano News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EL PAISANO NEWS
RECENT EL PAISANO CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge